Monday, April 4, 2011

Sprinter Life Family Letters #1


4-2-11 - Hello Sweet Lover, Well, I’m back in the USA. Of course I arrived wearing board shorts, flip flops and a t-shirt. It’s freezing cold here. I didn’t even bring a jacket. What was I thinking? On the flight back I gazed out the window and watched the countries pass by. The distance that took us 6 months and countless memories to drive was a mere 3 hour and 57 minute blur heading back. What a difference in perspective. I reflected on what an amazing adventure we’ve had and how much our lives have changed. Our world has opened up. I stared at the horizon and day dreamed about all the places we'll still go. I love our life together. XOXOX TREE

4-3-11 - Hi Baby, I spent a lot of time researching new homes this weekend. We’ve got a lot of options since there are so many different companies building 4x4 overlanding RVs. Based on the research and suggestions from Sprinter Life followers I am thinking that the 4x4 truck with custom built camper might be the best rig for around the world travel. I am considering flying out to Missouri next week to meet with the owner of Global X. They have a new rig they are releasing at Overland Expo and it sounds like something we'd be interested in. Tomorrow I'll head into Outdoorplay and open 6 months worth of mail. Joy. Miss you and Kiki so much. XOXOX TREE

4-4-11 - Good Morning Love, You would have been very proud of me yesterday. Adam and I went to have a wine taste at Marchesi. Upon arriving they told us it was the last day of the annual wine passport event. For $15 you can taste at all the wineries in the Columbia Gorge. I quickly started doing the math to determine if we could style it. It was already 1pm. Most tasting rooms close between 4pm-5pm. We were centrally located at Marchesi. My brother was driving a large vehicle with a top city surface speed of around 40mph, however road conditions were good. Neither of us had eaten since breakfast so we were guaranteed a buzz. Based on my Jedi ninja skills acquired during our 2010 wine bender tour (learn more here), and given all the data available, I quickly determined that we could absolutely kill it on this passport deal. I paid the $15 and we were on our way. We managed to hit 7 wineries before throwing in the towel. I was very proud of my brother's effort. I bought you a bottle of your favorite Viognier from The Pines, and 2 bottles of chewy 2006 Zin from Quennet. I miss you and Kiki so much. Have a great day. xoxox TREE

6 comments:

Stevie, Tree, and Soleil said...

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I Wine on the beach, here we come!!!! I love our life together too. We are incredibly blessed. -Stevie

Auntie Coco said...

Stevies Grandmother LOVES this painting!!!!I love the new home you r considering!!

www.elpotrerochico.com.mx said...

How is your brother doing. Tell him that, barring yosemite closing due to government shut down in the fall, I am still in for a nose trip in oct.

cheers
Dragon

Thijs & Rieneke said...

Hi Stevie, Tree & Kiki,
We have been following you for some time and your trip reminds us of our own honeymoon around the world were we started in a MB 207 ( sprinter). and ended almost 5 year later in our 7th honeymoon vehicle were we started.
At the moment we are planning our second honeymoon in a sprinter chassis with utility box where we can dream and build according to our own idea's. We don't know yet when we are starting to travel again but when the itch starts it does not stop.
Other travelers you may find interesting are :http://josmobiel.blogspot.com/

Stay in touch and I am sure our patch will cross someday.
Thijs & Rieneke

Tree said...

Hey Thijs & Rieneke

We'd love to meet you guys. What is your blog or website address?

TREE

Thijs & Rieneke said...

Check out Rieneke' book and web site.


http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/820448
www.rieneke.com

Thijs

Post a Comment

 
Powered by web analytics software.
web hosting companies