Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sprinter Check-up - All Systems Go

They say the best way to stay healthy is to practice preventative medicine. That is why we spent the entire day at the Mercedes-Benz dealership in San Jose. I knew that Costa Rica was probably going to be the last really good dealership until we get to Chile, and that's a long ass way from here over rough terrain and high mountain passes. In addition to routine maintenance, (oil change, filters, tire rotation, etc), I also had the front brake pads replaced, the transmission fluid flushed, and the brake fluid changed. I of course sat out there being an armchair quarterback all afternoon, something I would never get away with in the US. The patience these ticos have for an annoying gringo borders on sainthood.

"What's that over there? Is that a brake pad? Need any help with that? Is this where you put the brake fluid? Do you think it will rain today? Got any kids?"

I'm sure they were really happy when I left.


Coincidentally, it was the 125 year anniversary of the first Mercedes-Benz car. The dealership was prepping for a huge party. Vintage cars started rolling in and we sorta blended into the party. We got a great free lunch and free cappuccinos all day long! Que Suerte!

9 comments:

Darren said...

Dude, you're a feak when it comes to that van. leave it alone already

Pat Reeves said...

I am soooooooooooo happy for you. I want to meet yopur guy someday!!! LOl

john said...

Did the Flux capasitor check out ok?

Rick said...

I'd buy a car from her any day!

D said...

I think you have become pros when it comes to crashing,oops I mean, blending into a party. They probably added the cost of lunch onto your repair bill,haha! Stevie you look great next to those classic cars

Anonymous said...

Nice oldies

Tree said...

Darren - I've gotta be a freak when it comes to the van. That's our house man. Would you want your house breaking down in the middle of Columbia?

Pat - Looking forward to meeting you. Stevie has told me a lot about you

Simko - You can't pull that rick twice. I already asked the mechanic back in California about the Flux capasitor. Did you think I would fall for it a 3rd time?

Rick - She's a looker right!

Debby - What can we say, we just fit in anywhere

Veronica said...

Thank you for taking excellent care of OUR vehicle.

That's my nickname for Stevie.
Ha ha j/k

Anonymous said...

is the van still for sale?

Post a Comment

 
Powered by web analytics software.
web hosting companies