Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Pain Does Not Exist In This Dojo... Does It?

Sometimes travel hurts. Before I left Costa 10 days ago I felt like I was staring down Cobra Kai. The schedule looked pretty hectic, but that's when you have to dig deep.

I flew from Costa Rica to Houston, Houston to Portland. Then I drove to Hood River, back to Portland, back to Hood River,  back to Portland, then up to Seattle. Monday I flew from Seattle to St. Louis where I rented a car and drove 4 hours to Nixa. Yesterday I spent 6 hours with Mike Van Pelt, the owner of Global Expedition Vehicles. After an intensive 6 hour learning session I drove 4 hours back to St Louis where I barely made my flight back to Seattle. Then this morning I drove from Seattle back to Hood River and here I am.

I'll finish out the week at Outdoorplay. I'll attend back to back to back to back dinners with old friends because nurturing my relationships is important to me.  I'll attend a Sprinter van convention on Saturday, and then fly back to Costa Rica on Sunday. I'm super tired but I'm feeling like it's been a successful trip back to the States. I don't want to brag, but I pretty much crane-kicked that travel schedule right off the map. Now I can't wait to see my girls! TREE

8 comments:

Cheryll said...

Way to "crane kick" that travel schedule, Tree. Safe travels back to Costa Rica. Give your girls big hugs for me. Can't wait to see you in August!

LostWorldExpedition said...

Wait, let me get this straight Daniel-San... You ARE buying a GEV? Cause if you are I want some pics!

Anonymous said...

so... what's up with the trip to global X? Common...

Glenn said...

Saw you were looking at trucks for your tour. My 2 cents: if you can get by with something smallish get a land cruiser with a 4.2 diesel. Best vehicle ever made. If you want a big truck get a MAN truck. We only saw one unimog, one of those Aussie trucks and 15 man trucks. A German is arriving In capetown now with a nice one ( high clearance, short wheel base). It's under my mobile uploads and has thier web site on it.

Thijs & Rieneke said...

http://www.luxurynews.com.br/zetros-ultra-luxury-mercedes-6x6-rv-truck/
before you consider anything you should look at this one.

Thijs

Jenica said...

Hahaha........love it!

Tree said...

We're not 100% sure what is going on with the new vehicle at this point. There are a lot of logistics involved with switching vehicles right now. As soon as we make any decisions though, you all will be the first to know!
TREE

Unknown said...

Glad to see you made it back in one piece. It was good traveling with you for 4 hours.

Post a Comment

 
Powered by web analytics software.
web hosting companies