Friday, October 29, 2010

Alpha, Bravo, Man Down, Come in, Over...

This just in! Stevie loves to seek out and explore shallow, sharp rocky reefs while surfing. You've read about the first time she went out here right? Coral in the feet, tweezer surgery, Tequila for pain killers, right? Well, the next time we went out she caught an amazing wave. It was perhaps the best ride she's ever had. She shredded it. But after the ride she decided to paddle into an enormous rock garden for no apparent reason other than marine life exploration. Does she have some Jacque Cousteau in her that I don't know about? Today we ventured out again and she caught another great ride. This particular wave deposited her quite close to a rocky cliff. I expected to see her hauling ass back outside the break like her life depended on it. But instead I watched her wave and smile to the tourists on the cliff. Then she fixed her pony tail and looked up into the sky for some reason. By that time a new set of waves came in and pushed her into the rocks. By the time I got there it was everything I could do to push her back outside the break. The last push I gave her was over the face of a wave that then picked me up and dropped me back on the reef. I came up with a broken surf board. Ok ok, life is NOT really crap. Life is amazing. But please witness the newest Family Rule...
Family Rule #13 - Rocks are not your friend. Stay away from rocks. Do not explore rocks. Rocks are hard. Rock may lurk anywhere. If you find yourself near rocks, paddle harder. Help may or may not be on the way.

5 comments:

Alexis Schulman said...

Rocks can = serious injury or death... Does Mexico have a 911 system?

-Rae- said...

Look at the bright side, You have just a little bit more room to store all of the wonderful variations of Mexican Tequila. AND You get to buy a new board when you find one. It's a win/win (now that you're safe on dry land).

Alexis Schulman said...

Stevie check your email pls :)

mama said...

Rocks are nobody's friend. Stay away from rocks. I MEAN it!

www.elpotrerochico.com.mx said...

Rocks never used to be your enemy tree tree. I'm holding it down at the beach right now. I want to rent a board but the waves are ________________________________________^_______________________ pretty lame.
Love you three
B

Post a Comment

 
Powered by web analytics software.
web hosting companies