Monday, June 28, 2010

Treasure Lies Where Your Heart Belongs

As we said a couple days ago, we had a great time in Yakima, and it was all because of our hostess, Dana. What we didn’t mention was that we hadn’t planned on meeting up with her. We ran into her at the restaurant we ate at the first night in Yakima. It was just dumb luck, a fortuitous coincidence, or maybe…it was more.

Maybe serendipity (the aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident) isn’t quite as random as we think. My favorite quote from The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo speaks to what I’m saying:
“When a person really desires something, all the universe conspires to help that person to realize his dream.”
Incidentally, this book was the first gift that I ever gave Tree. It’s an allegory that is written for children but meant equally for adults. When Tree read it, he thought, “Why is she giving me a kid book? Oh no, she thinks I can’t read!” It’s true, I was trying to tell him something, but that wasn’t it. What I was hoping he’d pick up on was this…
“…and when two such people (like Stevie and Tree) encounter each other, and their eyes meet, the past and the future become unimportant. There is only that moment, and the incredible certainty that everything under the sun has been written by one hand only. It is the hand that evokes love, and creates a twin soul for every person in the world. Without such love, one's dreams would have no meaning.” - The Alchemist (Santiago meets Fatima)

Or maybe….
“He (Tree) knew that his love for her (Stevie) would enable him to discover every treasure in the world.”- The Alchemist (Santiago on Fatima)

Or finally…
“I (Tree) love you (Stevie) because the whole universe conspired to help me find you”- The Alchemist (Santiago to Fatima)

Well, we all know that he got it eventually, and that’s what counts. Anyway, my second favorite quote from that book explains the guiding force behind Lady Luck:

“Intuition is really a sudden immersion of the soul into the universal current of life, where the histories of all people are connected, and we are able to know everything, because it's all written there”

This definition of intuition is my answer to serendipity. When you’re following your heart, this voice or life current speaks loudly like a two-way signal between your soul and the Soul of the World. With all Souls in harmony, the Universe conspires to make your dreams come true.

Maktub: it is written.
-STEVIE

1 comments:

Alexis said...

LOL. I love you so much. Guys never pick up on anything. EVER. You think Book=I love you. He thinks Book=interesting read. I do the same thing accept its more like "Hey Phil I really like this song" aka pledge my undying love and understanding you are my compelet soulmate if you would listen to the lyrics. And what does he do you ask? Sings along....not getting the words right. Men. Love'm.

Post a Comment

 
Powered by web analytics software.
web hosting companies