Friday, June 10, 2011

Crazy sights of Colombia...

We're on the road again, and we're not alone. Remember in my last post when I said Stevie was on a first name basis with half of Cartagena? I forgot to mention the bohemian couple who sold jewelry at the street market. Guillermo is from Paraguay and Paola is from Brazil, and they are backpacking all over South America. Stevie offered them a ride to the next town. At first I was irritated, but as soon as I met them I fell in love. This couple is awesome!

We drove to Taganga, which is a tiny little fishing village on the coast. Our new friends found a three bedroom apartment with internet for $5 per person, so we all moved in! Gotta love Colombia. The picture above is the view off the front deck (click photo to enlarge). We plan to lurk here for a couple days.

The entertainment in this town is fabulous. For instance, have you ever seen a cat nurse a dog? Well, straight from Sprinter Life, here is your Friday night entertainment!!!

Cat nurses Dog - watch video now

For further entertainment, please enjoy our pictures of The Things You See While Driving In Colombia:

Need your household appliance moved? No problem. I know a guy...

The return of the horse drawn cart! We haven't seen these since Nicaragua (click here to remember)...

Certainly don't feel limited to the dirt roads and side streets. Hit the highway! Hell, cross a major bridge.

Then be sure to stare at the cars and trucks with a confused look, as if to say "What the hell are you doing on this road?"

Welcome to the fish market. I'll take a lobster and two of those white fishies. I actually really like this photo a lot. Super cool.

Track Sprinter Life's exact GPS location! 

12 comments:

Dan said...

you've got house guests!

Anonymous said...

Two things you should know before having children....

1. The dog was nursing the cat.

2. Thats an ass not a horse. So technically thats an ass cart.

I know you're a stickler for accuracy. I'm only here to help......

Cisco

Chris said...

In addition to what Mr. Cisco brought to light in points #1 and #2, I feel compelled to correct following statement from the video...

#3 - The town in Colombia is pronounced Ta-gong-ga, not To-Tong-ga

just for the sake of accuracy, you know I love you Tree

Chris

Anonymous said...

Well well well... now that's not something you think you will EVER see. And the doggie was very protective wasn't she? It's good to see cats and dogs getting along somewhere in the world. Keep on the adventure! What can you find next? I've always wanted to see a bananacado.
Love- Sis

Tree said...

Boys,

1) Upon extensive research on the internet I have determined that you are correct. It is a dog nursing a cat. I stand corrected.

2) After analyzing the cart photo using the latest face recognition technology we have been unable to determine the exact type of animal pulling it. As with you, it cannot be definitively determined whether or not it's an ASS

3) You Ta-gong-ga, I say To-Tong-ga, I say tomato, you say Tomoto.
If we want to blame it on something, the primary difference is most likely my Central Oregon accent.

carry on.
TREE

Melissa said...

i have never seen a dog nursing a cat ever! that was weird!

Auntie Coco said...

Tree should be the President of some country! He can make ANYTHING happen!!!
I know your marriage will last forever because he will find a way to work through anything!!!
Amazing videos!
Amazing life
Im so proud of you both
love,
auntie

Heather Matthews said...

The dog and cat video really creeped me out. That was NOT a kitten.

Anonymous said...

Yeah - that's not nursin' that's foreplay !!!

Mick

John Wilson said...

Good post, you two.
Glad you are back into the swing of things and enjoying the journey.
Cheers,
John D. Wilson

Jay @halftime lessons said...

Love the Blog, and the life!
Jay

Tree said...

Hey Mick, I agree, that is totally foreplay!

Jay, thanks for checking it out, cheers

TREE

Post a Comment

 
Powered by web analytics software.
web hosting companies