Saturday, January 22, 2011

Aloha Belize

Aloha Belize! Man it's great to be back in a country with toilet seats and friendly cops. Crossing the border yesterday was butter. We were a little nervous about Kiki getting in. According to the research we'd done, Belize is one of the more difficult dog crossing borders. Stevie had dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's. We had a current health certificate from Oaxaca and all Kiki's shot records. We had her doggie passport filled out and we had jumped through the hoops to get the official dog import permit signed, sealed and delivered from the government of Belize. We were ready!


When we arrived at customs Stevie was told to walk through while I drove the vehicle through a search station. I had all of Kiki's paperwork in a folder sitting on the dashboard ready to go. After pulling up to the checkpoint, a customs agent immediately jumped in the back of the van to inspect it. He pointed his finger toward the back of the cabin and yelled "What is that back there!" As he waved his finger I realized that he was pointing straight past Kiki at our bikes. I calmly said, "Those are bicycles sir." He replied in the same loud voice, "You can't sell those in Belize you know. Now move along!" As I drove off I realized there could be only one explanation for the bizarre episode I just witnessed. Kiki had pulled the Jedi mind trick on a uniformed customs agent. "These are not the droids you're looking for, ruff ruff, move along."  


We never had to show Stevie's hard earned doggie paper work to anyone. I felt bad since she put so much work into getting them ready, but I was happy there were no hassles! We performed our family ritual of collecting a small sample of soil into a vile. Then we added the Belize flag to the back of the Sprinter Van and drove off. TREE



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

go diving!

Pete said...

Oh Kiki, The force is with you. Have fun down there guys. Come back to Mexico soon.

Julie said...

I can't believe you guys have made it to Belize! That's so awesome! Thank goodness there were no hassles with Kiki. Be Safe and have a cold beer for me!

mamatuyas said...

You three are the BOMB.

Erin said...

Cool. What are you guys going to do in Belize? There are more ruins there I think. Looks like a really small country.

Post a Comment

 
Powered by web analytics software.
web hosting companies