Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ahhh, Snap! Are you sure it's broken???

I only had to make a half dozen phone calls to technicians and repair shops in the US to confirm what the Mexican refrigerator repair man standing in front of me had just said. It's broken. In a way that cannot be fixed.

Option #1 - Pay $1500 to have a compatible model shipped down from the US. Hope the Mexican repair man can install it. Turn time 3-4 weeks, (depending on customs. yeah, right).

Option #2 - Drive to Mexico City and try to find an RV shop that sells a Mexican fridge in the dimensions that fits into our fridge spot in the van. Then hope they have the skills to convert our van's system to the Mexican refrigerator's which will be different. Turn time 1-2 weeks

Option #3 - Continue, without a refrigerator, down the road toward the equator where it's really frikin hot. Turn time, 1 day

Option #4 - Get drunk on Mezcal and worry about it later. Turn time, 5 minutes ago

TREE

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally option 4. SNAP is right. :-(
I'll drink too. Maybe if we all drink an option 5 will emerge.
And if we all drink when anyone writes drink it will be extra special.
I'm starting now. I'll keep you posted.
-Sis

Timothy said...

I don't know how long you are planning to spend in Mexico, but we'll be leaving from California in two weeks. We driving straight to Mexico City, not making any stops on the way, so should take 2 or three days. If you think you think you will still be in Mexico by then, I'm willing to help you out by bringing a part you may need or that can help. Just let me know.

Anonymous said...

Bummer Tree! I know how frustrating that can be having had more than my share of problems with my Sprinter van. Although I was never in another country when shit happened. Option #4 working for you?

Anonymous said...

Hey, have you thought about checking out refrigerators that are made for boats? Some marine equipment may be available on the coast . . .

Greg Lavesphere said...

I love it! Option 4 baby!

Lav

Post a Comment

 
Powered by web analytics software.
web hosting companies