Friday, May 13, 2011

Bocas Del Toro - Killin' Me Man

Hi, my name is Stevie, and I am a hot sauce-aholic. I’ve had this problem since I was a teenager, but my addiction only became unmanageable five years ago. That was when I first tried Killin’ Me Man- my hot sauce of choice- from Bocas del Toro, Panama. As soon as I tasted it, my eye twitched, my heart pounded, and perspiration beaded at my brow. I knew immediately I was hooked.

Anyone who has ever dealt with the disease of addiction knows how it affects family and friends. Sadly, my case is no different. One day I walked into my kitchen and I saw my friend Kerri standing in front of the fridge, pouring sweat, sucking the hot sauce straight off her fingers. Kerri! Kerri! I yelled, but I was too late. A couple years later, it got so bad that she took a plane to Panama and a boat to Bocas to buy a one-year supply. You see the worst part about being addicted to Killin’ Me Man is that it has a very limited distribution.

But no one has suffered with me more than Tree, my faithful husband and best friend. Tree is a straight and narrow kind of guy. He’s the sporty, athletic type while I’m more like an afterschool special. Knowing this and that I couldn’t support my habit alone, drastic measures were taken. Unbeknownst to my dear husband, I started putting Killin’ Me Man in all of his food—tuna fish, fried eggs, tacos—you name it, I killed it. And before long, even Tree got addicted.


They say the first step is admitting you have a problem, so here it goes. I know most of you think that we drove all the way to Panama because we’re nomads, we love foreign cultures, blah blah blah, but that’s not the truth.  The truth is that we did it for this:


BOOYAH!!! That's 12 bottles bitches. We are flying HIGH!!!!

And if scoring our favorite salsa picante wasn't enough, we stumbled on a bar after my own heart called Drinking and Thinking- my two favorite pastimes!! After getting a couple local Panamanian beers, Tree and I boozed it up while perusing the bookshelves.

In the photo below, can anyone guess who the four Famous Drinkers and Thinkers are? Post your answer in the comments section and if you guess right, we will send you a postcard from an exotic location!

Kiki adds yet another exotic island to her travel resume!



Track Sprinter Life's exact GPS location! 

17 comments:

Tree said...

Hey everyone, sorry but Google Blogger went down for 12 hours and it appears that many comments were erased. Sorry about that. We're back up now though. :)

Melissa said...

I LOVE HOT SAUCE!!!! i am an Addict too! I admit it. i can only tell who one of the drinkers and thinkers are it is Edgar Allan Poe. cant tell who the others are! i want some Killing me man!!

Darren said...

Ok, I got two of them. One is Edgar Allan Poe (thanks Melissa) and one is Stevie. What do I get?

Jody said...

The only problem with this is that you promised my wife 10 of those bottles. Enter the USA without them at your own peril.

-Rae- said...

I think I have it - Stevie, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Poe, and Hemingway. I was stuck on the first sketch but I think the part in his hair is distinct.

Anonymous said...

haha that's hilarious! i gotta get me some of that stuff maybe I'll travel all the way to Panama like you to get some.

ok this is soo lame but i have NO idea who those dudes are.

mamatuyas said...

Stevie is the Beautiful-Passsionate-Blogger-Thinker. The Others are Not. I win.

Hey, maybe you could use the wine rack to store more bottles and bring us ALL some HOT sauce.!

mama said...

ps . . . We could trade for wine . . .

ben casados said...

I am not surprised of your addiction. It is a well known fact to those raised in NM. that is the reason they all have a dedicated freezer to store the hottest green chile, and red chile so there is a constant supply during the winter. On the good side, I am told it is a great source of Vitamin C.

Stevie said...

Melissa- heh hem...are you saying that you don't recognize me as a famous thinker+drinker? You are right about Poe though...I think you may have even looked up some definitions from the Pit and the Pendulum for me that one night you did my homework for me :)

Jody- Sadly, Lili's just wasn't prepared for us. We literally wiped them out of hot sauce. But from one junkie to another, I got some set aside for Miss Kerri. Redeemable by Skype ONLY.

RACHEL- YOU WIN THE PRIZE!!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!! To what address would you like your EXOTIC postcard sent?

Olivia- Yes, I agree, you have to get yourself to El Tunco and Bocas del Toro....you will not be disappointed. But first you should come to wherever we'll be :) I give visitors all the Killin' Me Man they want.

Mama mia- Thank you :) And yes, we will trade for win. That is a GREAT idea.

Senor Ben- I believe the Vitamin C fact. Tree and I rarely ever get sick. Hear that folks, Killin' Me Man is good for us.

Erin said...

kiki must be the luckies dog in the world!

Jody Sherman said...

Kerri just read your comment and said "lets get on skype right now!"

Pete said...

Save me a bottle Tree. You owe me anyway

Melissa said...

duh melissa! i was so not even paying attention! of course you are a famous thinker and drinker.... **hangs head in shame**

Greyt Minds Think Alkaline said...

Estephenie Trujillo
Benjamin Franklin
Rene Descartes
Albert Einstein

-Rae- said...

Send it to my mom's house. Um I am unsure if I should post it on such a world famous blog though LOL.

Stevie, Tree, and Soleil said...

Rae,
hit the contact us page and email us the address. love you Cuz, TREE

Post a Comment

 
Powered by web analytics software.
web hosting companies