Thursday, March 3, 2011

Jumping Waterfalls, Driving Steer, and Roadside Carrion: The Rest Of Honduras

Honduras wasn't all guns, drug lords, and van breakdowns. In addition to the Copan Ruins, we also found a cool brewery and the most amazing waterfall in the world! Unfortunately Outdoorplay work was calling, so I had to skip what was probably the coolest part of Honduras. That was fine though. I was already stressed from the van incident so getting behind on work was not acceptable. I plowed through and the rest of the gang took amazing photos.

I was pretty impressed with the bravery of my lovely wife when I saw the photos. I only regret that I wasn't there to push her. Check out my little lady taking the plunge!



Stevie and Emily in a cave behind that massive waterfall! Check out the cave art behind them :)

Overall I'm really glad that we decided to roll the dice on the higher border crossing and see more of Honduras. It really is a spectacular country. The things you see while driving in these places always blows me away. After the van was fixed we hightailed it out of there toward the Nicaragua border. We're all ready for a safer country and more surfing. TREE

10 comments:

Eric and Tammy said...

OMG STEVIE!!!!!! What has Tree done to you. You aren't even the same person anymore. Look at you go!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tree, Stevie doesn't need "pushing"! looks to me like she's got her OWN Bravada! What a woman you have!

Anonymous said...

Poor guy. You have to stay behind and earn the pesos while they have all the fun. So what town are you guys in now? Saw all those steers - you having steaks for dinner?

mamatuyas said...

Reminds me a little of Central Oregon, where you grew up Tree. Cowboys and all that. The waterfall is gorgeous. Where are you?

Erica said...

ohhh, that poor little cow in the last picture. That is horrible. The little guy didn't make it. :(

Anonymous said...

wow !!!!!
keep yhe updates coming!!!!
then i'll know you are safe.

love,
auntie coco

Anonymous said...

wicked

Cheryll said...

YAHOO Stevie! You are amazing! I jumped a waterfall in the Grand Canyon and it was so very cool...but so scary! I had to take a few minutes to gather my bravery before stepping off. You guys are having such a wonderful adventure. I am so very happy for you. Miss you, my brave amiga:)

Unknown said...

Yeah, right - think we all know that's the Falls on the White River near Maupin.
One thing to consider, as you drive south,into the southern hemisphere winter, at some point, you three will have exactly the same weather as we have up here in the PNW *grin*

Uncle Mick

Aunty Coco said...

loved all the pics..........well almost the dead animal was a bit sad, but that is life!
thanks again, glad your safe!!!! -Monica

Post a Comment

 
Powered by web analytics software.
web hosting companies